Welcome to St Giles, the Parish Church of Bramhope. As a Christian community we welcome everyone, believing every person is precious to God and has something good to contribute to our life together. It’s a friendly church where you will find people of all ages, all with one thing in common….seeking to follow Jesus and grow in their love for him and each other. Read more
***9.30 am SERVICE ON SUNDAY 23 JANUARY IS ON – ALL BACK TO NORMAL ****
CHANGE TO SERVICES FROM SUNDAY 9 JANUARY 2022
We now hold two services every Sunday morning.
At 9.30 am we have an All-Age Service of worship.
Everyone is welcome for coffee in the hall at 10.30 am.
From 11.00 am, a more traditional form of worship with Parish Communion is held.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you!
Congratulations to Matt
Congratulations to Matt on his licensing as the new full time Vicar at St Giles. We are delighted to welcome Matt and his family fully into the fold at St Giles.
The Church is Open in a Covid Secure Manner
Sunday Services are at 9.30 am and 11.00 am, Thursday Prayer & Bible Study are at 10.30 am every week.
CATS is every Wednesday, with Toddler Praise on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
1) Mask wearing – is required, especially when moving around the church.
2) Social distancing – recommended where possible.
3) Track and Trace – the QR code is available, we are not taking additional details.
4) Hand sanitiser – is available, and we encourage people to use it.
5) Communion – is distributed to the congregation at their seats in one kind (wafers and not wine).
6) The peace – is shared with a wave and a smile with no physical contact or moving around church.
7) Refreshments – are served between the Sunday services.
The church welcomes Weddings, Funerals and Baptisms. There may be some extra regulations, especially if very large numbers of people are expected, but this can be discussed on a case by case basis.
Welcome to New Spring Wood Residents!
Are You New To St Giles? Welcome!
Whether you’ve never been to church before or have been going to church for years we hope that you will feel comfortable with us. You don’t need to know anything about God before you come along: our services are the perfect place to explore who God is and we try to avoid unnecessary jargon or formality.
Have any Questions?
- There’s no dress code – just do put something on!!
- Normally you can sit anywhere but during the pandemic you may be shown to a seat.
- The service usually last 45 – 60 minutes but if you need to leave, feel free.
- Worried about following the service? Don’t be. The Vicar will make it clear where he is in the service booklet.
- We enjoy singing together, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t want to sing.
- Bring the family! Everyone is welcome.
- Noisy kids? No problem. In normal times there will be things for them to do but during Covid bring a jigsaw or toy to occupy them but if you start to feel uncomfortable give them a break and take them into the hall where they just LOVE to charge up and down. You can return when ready.
- Depending on the service there may or may not be Communion (Eucarist)….read more. If you haven’t been confirmed or a regular church attender you can still go up to the Altar with everyone else but just for a blessing.
- Want to know more? When leaving ask the Vicar to contact you.
- We normally serve refreshments immediately after the service. We hope that you’ll want to stick around at the end of the service to enjoy coffee/tea and biscuits so we can get to meet you.
- Meet the rest of the team
Many different Services, home groups and prayer to support you on your faith journey.
Families and young children are welcome at all services. There’s something for everyone.
Want to hire the hall or find out about the social groups and activities taking place there?