Welcome to St Giles, the Parish Church of Bramhope. As a Christian community we welcome everyone, believing every person is precious to God and has something good to contribute to our life together. It’s a friendly church where you will find people of all ages, all with one thing in common….seeking to follow Jesus and grow in their love for him and each other. Read more
Latest Covid News
THE CHURCH IS OPEN!
The Church was opened in a Covid secure and safe manner from 4 April.
Please remember this means: –
- Limited numbers in church.
- Wearing a face covering unless exempt.
- Signing in in the lobby for test and trace.
- Using the hand sanitiser.
- Keeping your distance with 2 empty seats between households in the church.
- And, please observe rules on household mingling which from 29 March mean no mingling inside and the rule of 6 outside.
- Read more about the restrictions due to COVID.
|PRAYER MEETINGS ON ZOOM WILL FINISH ON THURSDAY 27 MAY|
We are holding virtual Zoom Prayer Meetings to support you all during this difficult time, please see our Facebook page or our weekly e-mails for the link and details.
THURSDAY MORNING SERVICES WILL RESUME ON 3 JUNE
From the 3rd of June the Thursday morning services at 10.30am will resume IN CHURCH.
Jonathan will lead the 1st & 3rd Thursdays with BCP Morning Prayer.
Matt will lead the 2nd & 4th with BCP Holy Communion.
There are 5th Thursdays in July and September which Matt & Jonathan will agree on shortly after Matt joins us.
In time, it may become considered safe and desirable to return to holding these services in the chapel; but not yet.
VIRTUAL SERVICES FINISHED 30 MAY
Our Virtual Services are broadcast by e-mail and on the Virtual Services page every Sunday.
With our return to Church these ceased after the 30th May.
To add yourself to the e-mail list and receive these directly into your mailbox please CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
CATS is hoping to return on Wednesday 23 June and TODDLER PRAISE on Wednesday 6 October.
Watch out for updates on the CATS What’s App group and if you are not in the group then just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added. We can’t wait to welcome you all back.
OPEN HOUSE is hoping to hold a social event on Wednesday 14 July at 2 pm. Normal meetings will hopefully restart on 20 October.
MEET AND EAT is hoping to restart on Wednesday 6 October.
We are constantly keeping the situation under review.
With every good wish and prayer,
Welcome to New Residents!
Wishing Tom Well and Welcoming Matt
Tom has left St Giles for pastures new in the Dales. We have been blessed to have Tom with us for the past couple of years and wish him all the very best in his new role. Tom’s last service was on the 30th May.
Matt Broughton is currently a curate at St Paul’s in Ireland Wood. He will come to help with our services until the end of September. We are looking forward to hearing him come and preach at our 9.30 am service on 1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays. He will also be taking a lead on our baptisms, weddings and funerals. We are really looking forward to welcoming Matt. You can learn more about him in his introductory video.
Are You New To St Giles? Welcome!
Whether you’ve never been to church before or have been going to church for years we hope that you will feel comfortable with us. You don’t need to know anything about God before you come along: our services are the perfect place to explore who God is and we try to avoid unnecessary jargon or formality.
read more here about services during the pandemic.
Have any Questions?
- There’s no dress code – just do put something on!!
- Normally you can sit anywhere but during the pandemic you will be shown to your seat.
- The service usually last 45 – 60 minutes but if you need to leave, feel free.
- Worried about following the service? Don’t be. The Vicar will make it clear where he is in the service booklet.
- At the moment we can’t sing because of the Covid Restrictions but in ‘normal’ times it doesn’t matter if you don’t want to sing.
- Bring the family! Everyone is welcome.
- Noisy kids? No problem. In normal times there will be things for them to do but during Covid bring a jigsaw or toy to occupy them but if you start to feel uncomfortable give them a break and take them into the hall where they just LOVE to charge up and down. You can return when ready.
- Depending on the service there may or may not be Communion (Eucarist)….read more. If you haven’t been confirmed or a regular church attender you can still go up to the Altar with everyone else but just for a blessing.
- Want to know more? When leaving ask the Vicar to contact you.
- We normally serve refreshments immediately after the service but are unable to during Covid. We hope that in future you’ll want to stick around at the end of the service to enjoy coffee/tea and biscuits so we can get to meet you.
- Meet the rest of the team
Have you “noticed” our notice?
Many different Services, home groups and prayer to support you on your faith journey.
Families and young children are welcome at all services. There’s something for everyone.
Want to hire the hall or find out about the social groups and activities taking place there?