Welcome to St Giles, the Parish Church of Bramhope. As a Christian community we welcome everyone, believing every person is precious to God and has something good to contribute to our life together. It’s a friendly church where you will find people of all ages, all with one thing in common….seeking to follow Jesus and grow in their love for him and each other. Read more
Latest Covid News
THE CHURCH IS OPEN!
The Church is open in a Covid secure and safe manner for Sunday Services at 9.30 am and Thursday Services at 10.30 am every week.
We are pleased to share decisions made concerning the safety of all those attending our services from 19 July onwards.
We have as always taken advice from the government and the Diocese. Our decisions are based on the desire to welcome as many to our church as possible, while ensuring that those who come feel safe.
We realise that, as with all COVID regulations, some will feel we are being too cautious, whilst others will think we are not cautious enough. We must all go at our own pace and consider the needs of our neighbours and the whole community.
1) We recommend that people continue to wear masks, especially when moving around the church, but it is not mandatory. Please bear in mind however the fears of some of your neighbours for whom this might be a matter of great concern.
2) Social distancing will be a matter of personal choice.
3) We will no longer need to collect details for Track and Trace, but the QR code is still available for those who wish to use it.
4) Hand sanitiser will continue to be available, and we would encourage people to use it.
5) All are now welcome to sing, which will be a great joy for many of us.
6) Communion will continue to be distributed to the congregation at their seats and will be of one kind only (ie wafers and not wine).
7) We will share the peace with our brothers and sisters in Christ, but for the time being we discourage physical contact and moving around the church at these times.
8) The serving of refreshments after the Sunday service will resume in August, albeit with a few fairly minor restrictions.
The church will continue to welcome Weddings, Funerals and Baptisms. There may be some extra regulations, especially if very large numbers of people are expected, but this can be discussed on a case by case basis with the verger and the celebrant.
We look forward to the future and to resuming our church fellowship together.
|THURSDAY MORNING SERVICES HAVE RESUMED|
From the 3rd of June the Thursday morning services at 10.30am resumed IN CHURCH.
Jonathan will lead the 1st & 3rd Thursdays with BCP Morning Prayer.
Matt will lead the 2nd & 4th with BCP Holy Communion.
There are 5th Thursdays in July and September which Matt & Jonathan will cover between them.
In time, it may become considered safe and desirable to return to holding these services in the chapel; but not yet.
VIRTUAL SERVICES FINISHED 30 MAY
Our Virtual Services ceased after the 30th May. But, we will still use our e-mail channels to help communicate with all those interested in worship and activities at St Giles.
To add yourself to the e-mail list please CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
CATS returned for a picnic in June and following the Summer holidays is looking forward to getting back into the swing of meeting every Wednesday morning in the Church Hall in September. TODDLER PRAISE returns on Wednesday 6 October.
Watch out for updates on the CATS What’s App group and if you are not in the group then just contact us at email@example.com to be added.
OPEN HOUSE is hoping to resume in the Autumn and MEET AND EAT is hoping to restart on Wednesday 6 October.
We are constantly keeping the situation under review with every good wish and prayer.
Welcome to New Residents!
Tom left St Giles for pastures new in the Dales at the end of May. We have been blessed to have Tom with us for the past couple of years and wish him all the very best in his new role.
Matt Broughton is currently a curate at St Paul’s in Ireland Wood. He will help with our services until the end of September. Matt is preaching at our 9.30 am service on 1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays. He will also be taking a lead on our baptisms, weddings and funerals. You can learn more about Matt in his introductory video.
Are You New To St Giles? Welcome!
Whether you’ve never been to church before or have been going to church for years we hope that you will feel comfortable with us. You don’t need to know anything about God before you come along: our services are the perfect place to explore who God is and we try to avoid unnecessary jargon or formality.
read more here about services during the pandemic.
Have any Questions?
- There’s no dress code – just do put something on!!
- Normally you can sit anywhere but during the pandemic you will be shown to your seat.
- The service usually last 45 – 60 minutes but if you need to leave, feel free.
- Worried about following the service? Don’t be. The Vicar will make it clear where he is in the service booklet.
- At the moment we can’t sing because of the Covid Restrictions but in ‘normal’ times it doesn’t matter if you don’t want to sing.
- Bring the family! Everyone is welcome.
- Noisy kids? No problem. In normal times there will be things for them to do but during Covid bring a jigsaw or toy to occupy them but if you start to feel uncomfortable give them a break and take them into the hall where they just LOVE to charge up and down. You can return when ready.
- Depending on the service there may or may not be Communion (Eucarist)….read more. If you haven’t been confirmed or a regular church attender you can still go up to the Altar with everyone else but just for a blessing.
- Want to know more? When leaving ask the Vicar to contact you.
- We normally serve refreshments immediately after the service but are unable to during Covid. We hope that in future you’ll want to stick around at the end of the service to enjoy coffee/tea and biscuits so we can get to meet you.
- Meet the rest of the team
Have you “noticed” our notice?
Many different Services, home groups and prayer to support you on your faith journey.
Families and young children are welcome at all services. There’s something for everyone.
Want to hire the hall or find out about the social groups and activities taking place there?