Welcome to Faith and Worship at St Giles!
Whether you’ve never been to church before or have been going to church for years we hope that you will feel comfortable with us. You don’t need to know anything about God before you come along: our services are the perfect place to explore who God is and we try to avoid unnecessary jargon or formality.
Come and meet us. Be assured of a warm welcome. Whether you’ve been a Christian all your life, or are just exploring what church and faith might be for you, we hope you will find just what you need at St Giles.
There is a button on the home page which gives you full details of this month’s Services.
9.30 am: a simple and contemporary act of all-age worship, with something for everyone. Sing, pray and hear from the Bible.
11.00am: a traditional service of Holy Communion, with music lead by our choir and organist.
Can’t manage a Sunday morning?
We have a monthly mid-week CATS Toddler Praise for the under 5’s and their carers and there’s a morning prayer every Thursday morning at 10.30 am.
- IS there a dress code – NO – just do put something on!!
- Where do I sit – ANYWHERE – but there are plenty of people to ask if you are unsure
- How long do Services last? The 9.30 service usually lasts 45 minutes and the 11.00 closer to an hour
- Will I be able to follow the Service? – YES! Matt will make it clear where he is in the service booklet or on the screen.
- Do I have to sing? – NO, but we enjoy singing together!
- Are children welcome? YES – they are always welcome and may especially enjoy our 9.30 service.
- Will there be Communion (Eucharist)? YES at out 11.00 service. If you haven’t been confirmed you can still go up to the Altar with everyone for a blessing.
- Are there refreshments? YES served between our two services so that everyone can join in – from 10.15 am and we love to chat!
Would you Like Someone Prayed for?
Contact us with any requests for names to be put on the weekly church ‘prayer list’ where requests are treated in the strictest confidence.
Names can be read out in the church services.